Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Training has officially begun!

First of all I would just like to thank Ling and Rob for their generous donations which have now put me over the $100 mark! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Now I must admit the Ride to Conquer Cancer is not my only challenge this summer/fall. I have a heavy schedule in front of me that involves:

10 km Run, May 2, Quebec City
Olympic Distance Triathlon June 12, Ottawa
Ride to Conquer Cancer July 10-11
Olympic Distance Triathlon Sept., Montreal
Half-Marathon, Oct. 17, Toronto

Therefore my only training will NOT be biking! I have to incorporate a lot of swimming and running in to meet my triathlon and running goals. In order to keep track of my progress and to motivate me to work out more I'm going to use this blog also as an athletic journal.

Today the weather was amazing here in Montreal - sun and high of 13 C. This persuaded me to go for my first outside run since the fall. Although I have been training on and off through out the winter, Jen and I's recent trip to Cuba sidelined my training for a good two weeks! Therefore, this run was meant more for fun and just seeing how much shape I was in. Stats for my run:
Time: 1:17.53 (including traffic lights!)
Average heart rate: 155 bpm
Distance: about 11 km (give or take)

Actually, that is not too bad, average 8.46 km/hr. My goal for the half marathon is 2.5 hrs - hopefully that will be obtainable by October! My wonderful, awesome friend Ellie has sent me a half-marathon training schedule so I'm going to follow that on top of adding some long bike rides in.

Alright, enough for today, I'm quite tired now! Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. Nicely done my friend! :):) You'll be ready for that half-marathon in no time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul Ecclestone (Godfather)March 18, 2010 at 11:34 AM

    Not a bad start at all girl! Maybe we will see you in TO for the half although I am leaning towards one in Niagara Falls a couple of weeks later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOO! comments!!! Thanks guys!!! Dearest Godfather, THANK YOU SO MUCH! You will definitely be in the next post! I really appreciate it! Niagara Falls would be nice! If you do sign up and run it, let me know! Then maybe I can do that for the next summer after this one!

    ReplyDelete