Saturday, March 13, 2010

Kristin's Journey to Conquer Cancer

I already published this post on my ride to conquer cancer personal page, but I decided I wanted a more versatile blog so I have signed up here! This will allow me to post pictures and I personally feel this lay out is easier to read and more user friendly. Here is my first post from my webpage:

Wow, I can't believe I really did it, I signed up for the ride to conquer cancer!
My friend and fellow team mate Jen convinced me to attend an information session just to "see what is the deal with the ride to conquer cancer" however, after seeing the video and realizing Jen meant business I walked out of the information session with a black t-shirt and the reality check that I would need to raise $2,500 in 4 months in order to bike 250 + km!!! What the heck have I gotten myself into?!?!?
Jen and I have since brainstormed our selves silly and now I have a glimmer of hope that this may be possible!! I am very much looking forward to the physical and financial challenge and I look forward to blogging every step of this process! Please check in regularly, I would really appreciate your support and words of encouragement!! Thank you!

And remember (this is mostly for myself ...) A journey of 1,000 steps begins with a single one!

1 comment:

  1. Paul Ecclestone (Godfather)March 18, 2010 at 11:36 AM

    I am sooo.... impressed. Good for you! You are a tribute to your aunt and your generation. Janis and I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete