Saturday, March 27, 2010

Longest Run Yet!

THANK YOU KAITLIN SHORT!! Appreciate your donation!! 45% Already!!

Today was quite the running day for me. I decided I wanted to do a long run and ended up running about 14-15 km (to the park and back, 6km, and 3 laps around the park about 9 km). I don't think I have ran that long ever! I was surprised that I still had energy at the end to do a bit of a sprint back to my place. I noticed throughout the run that I had ups and downs. Some moments I felt like quitting, but then would get a burst of energy and just keep going! I don't know if that is a mental thing or a physical thing. Will have to work on both! Stats:

Time: 1:37.11
Distance: 14-15 km
Average HR: 156 bpm

This puts me at an average speed of 8.95 km/hr, or about 6.7 min/km. Not so bad, but still needs improvement! I'm feeling the effects now though, I am quite tired indeed! Hopefully these will get easier the more I do them. Off to bed!

1 comment: