Saturday, March 27, 2010

Biking, Fundraising and Thank-you's!


Oh no! I am falling behind in my blogging! Bad habit to get into ... Ok, let's fix that!

Yesterday:
Let me start off by saying yesterday was cold AND windy! However, I was very determined to get out (finally!) on my bike, so I did! It was fantastic. Although the head wind had me down to 19 km/hr at some points, I preserved and managed to fight the elements for a good hour and a half. Stats for the bike:

Time: 1:24.42
Avg. HR: 144 bpm
Distance: 33.47 km
Avg. Speed: 23.7km/hr

My toes were slightly numb at the conclusion of my ride, but it was all worth it! Looking forward to the next one!!!

Today:

THANK YOU to MONA AFLAKI, SHANNON WRIGHT and BOB & JEANETTE WRIGHT!!! I'm up to $1,110!!!! AWESOME!
Every Friday in our lab we have journal club meetings in the morning. I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to bake muffins and see what kind of response I would get (muffin = small donation, $0.50). To my ABSOLUTE delight, with 23 muffins (I sampled one ...) I made $20!!! Thank you SOOOO MUCH to everyone in the lab for your support, I will make this a weekly treat! How does everyone feel about blueberry for next week?!
I would also like to take a moment to plug our Mad Hatter's Tea Party! Let me just say I'm sooo EXCITED about this party!! It is going to be a fantastic time and the more people we have there, the better!! So please, come one, come all and bring everyone you know!! April 17th is fast approaching!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment