Sunday, April 11, 2010

Training, Training and more Training

Friday - Swim
3.8 km
1 hr 20 min

Saturday - Day off, the legs were still a little sore from Mont Royal run! Plus, Jen and I went bike browsing (Thanks GM and Chris!) ... you know, just in case we need bikes ....

Sunday - Holy moly was it windy today - Weather Network said 40 km/hr winds with gusts clocking in around 50 km/hr! (Therefore, the bike was a little slower ...)

Bike - 1:01.24 Hrt Rate: 155 bpm average
25.24 km
24.6 km/hr avg.

Run - ~ 9 km Hrt Rate: 165 bpm average
55.51 Avg. Speed: 9.7 km/hr
I was quite pleasantly surprised, because after the bike my legs were burning and my heart rate was very elevated through out the whole run, but I managed to run the 9 km in the fastest time yet! Yay for improvement!! Lets hope I can do it faster without the wind and the bike first!
I just wanted to thank the wonderful Mona Aflaki for baking double chocolate muffins on Friday. Thanks to everyone in the lab I have raised almost $50! Thanks everyone! I am still sitting steady at 81% of my goal ($2,015) but we have the McGill Bake Sale this Wednesday, our Mad Hatter Tea Party this Saturday, and another McGill Bake Sale on the following Tuesday. Lets hope Jen and I can reel in the donations!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment