Sunday, April 18, 2010

Mad Hatter's Tea Party!




First let me just say, "WOW"!!! Last night Jen and I hosted our Mad Hatter's Tea Party. It was a FANTASTIC evening and I think I can safely say we all had a great time. It wasn't all just fun and games though, we managed to raise $408 for our ride. I must do my thank-yous. Thank you Mona and Amir for baking an amazing cake (our centre piece!), thank you Tina for bringing wine and a veggie platter (to delay the sugar coma at least a little), thank you Rox for bringing A TON of alcohol, thank you Georghia and Chris for helping with the decorations, baking pizzas, making potato wedges and bringing extra chairs! Thank you Jen for also helping to decorate and for having such an amazing costume! Thank you Mum for providing the sparkling wine, thank you Mrs. Wright for the amazing tea cups for which we couldn't have had the party without! Thank you Amy for the kick ass costume and decorations that really pulled the party together! And lastly, thank you to each and every person that came out last night and generously donated to our cause!
Jen has kindly posted all of our pictures from last night here:

My training has taken a back seat lately due to all of the baking and planning we have been doing! I will post more updates when I get back to training!

Tuesday we have another McGill bake sale where hopefully we can meet our fund raising goal!! Thanks to this party I am now at 95% of my goal and have less than $200 to go until I can officially do the ride to conquer cancer!

Thank you!!

1 comment:

  1. Haha yes we SHOULD fundraise more often! I had no idea it could be so much fun!!!
    Kristin, you're awesome, and I can't wait to do the ride together :)
    Bake sale in 2 days! Thomson House after?

    ReplyDelete