Wednesday, April 14, 2010

McGill Bake Sale #1





Last night my apartment was filled with the wonderful smell of baked goods! Myself along with Jen, Mona, Tina, and Georghia baked ourselves silly for our first McGill bake sale. The bake sale was a resounding success!!! We had 36 large cupcakes, tons of mini cupcakes, 24 double chocolate muffins, 12 cinnamon bran apple muffins, 1 banana bread loaf, pan of rice krispies, pan of triple chocolate brownies, 18 chocolate chip cookies, pieces of maple fudge, 15 bags of mixed nuts and a tub of lollipops!! We opted to run the bake sale by "donation" so people would give what they felt was appropriate for what they took. Although we figured most people would pay about $1 per item we were very surprised and pleased when we realized most people were giving double that - $2 an item or MORE!! Needless to say we essentially sold out of everything and made a grand total of $301.77!!! Jen and I split this right down the middle (to be fair and honest I got a penny more than she did!) so that I am now at 87% of my goal!!!! A giant thank you to everyone who baked and an enormous thank you to everyone who bought our items at the sale! Our next event is the Mad Hatter Tea Party! I have put our tea cups (thanks to Mrs. Wright!) on the table and it looks awesome! I can't wait!!!!

I have currently put my training on hold because after Sunday's outing my left leg was giving me extreme pain, even to walk, so I figured my body was trying to give me a signal ... My leg is fine now, but just to be on the safe side I thought I would take an extra day off. Injuries are the LAST thing I want! Hopefully tomorrow I can resume! Will keep you posted!

1 comment: