Friday, July 9, 2010

The Ride is TOMORROW!!!


WOW! I can't believe The Ride is tomorrow!!
I want to once again thank each and every person who donated. Without you I would not be doing the ride tomorrow and because of that I can't thank you enough. I remember the night Jen and I signed up to do this back in the beginning of March and how genuinely anxious and worried I was about raising the money. I honestly thought I would be scrambling even now, the night before, to raise the $2,500. The speed that we raised the money in and the fact we were both +500 $ over our goals has really surprised and touched me. If anyone ever decides not to do the ride because they don't think they can raise the money, trust me when I say you will. It is A LOT easier than you think and you will be very surprised at who donates and by how much they donate.
I also wanted to mention my Aunt Judy (pictured above with her father - my grandfather) for she is ultimately the inspiration for signing up and raising money for The Ride. Although we miss her, I am glad she is at peace now and I hope wherever she is right now she is looking down and smiling with pride at what each and every one of us riders are attempting to do tomorrow - Find a Cure.
I am very much looking forward to and am excited about tomorrow. It will contain all of the elements which bring me happiness. 1) A physical challenge 2) Emotional connection to people around you and a feeling of being a part of the greater good 3) Meeting new people and sharing a great experience with them 4) Seeing places from a view you would not normally see them.
I must dash now - home to pack and to the Olympic Stadium to drop my bike off. Jen will pick me up tomorrow just shy of 7 am and we will be off to do an epic ride! Don't worry, we have cameras with lots of memory space and will no doubt be showering you with pictures by the end of the weekend.
Let's find a cure!
(Also, go Spain go! Although we will miss the game, we know you deserve the win!)

No comments:

Post a Comment