Monday, May 31, 2010

Meech Lake added to the line-up!

I have continued training and hope it will pay off in a week and a half when Georghia and I attempt our first Olympic distance triathlon in Ottawa. The water is supposed to be warm, so hopefully we won't experience hypothermia like we did last year!!
I just signed up for the Meech Lake Triathlon (in Gatineau). Georghia and I did this race last year and we both found it quite enjoyable. The distance is slightly odd so it isn't a sprint or an Olympic distance, it is somewhere inbetween. It is 1.2 km swim, 24 km bike, and 6.4 km run. Last year it was quite a shock for me because the hills were quite grueling. After swimming through some fairly choppy water my poor legs found the hills quite a challenge. At least this year going in I know what to expect! Sadly, it will be my first triathlon alone. Georghia is quite occupied that weekend and won't be joining me! I guess I will have to supply photo evidence to really prove I was there! I also remember this time last year I took quite a tumble on my bike and was very timid coming down the hills at Meech Lake because I was terrified of falling off of my bike. Hopefully this year I can be a little more relaxed and hopefully make up some time. My goal is to better my time from last year which came in at 1:56.59. Better get to sleep, a tri athlete needs her beauty rest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment